[SD-User] Data Fill Ins

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Thu Oct 30 12:18:23 EDT 2014

On 30/10/2014 15:24, brian coyne wrote:

> I used the latest SD version in last weekends WW contest.
>
> The major issue was with US stns. Zones 4 & 5 have always needed care  whenreceiving but what was irritating was that the majority, almost all in fact, of W5, W8, W9 were being flagged as z5,

Thanks, I'll check it out.

>   necessitating a deletion in every case bedore entering the correct zone.

When the recommended data-entry mode(s), overwrite or auto-insert,
are used, no deletion is needed - the corrected zone overwrites
the old zone.  Insert (INS) is not recommended - any changes
require the "old" value to be deleted separately.

Auto-Insert is recommended - it's toggled with the AI command,
and OVR is displayed under the callsign field, but with the "V"
highlighted.  In this mode, callsign characters are overwritten
except when the cursor is at the start of the callsign, in
which case new characters are inserted.  This is what I use.

73,
Paul EI5DI