[SD-User] Fw help: Callsign databases

Sandro I7ALE sandro_i7ale at alice.it
Wed Oct 23 11:00:24 EDT 2019

From: Sandro I7ALE
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 11:54 AM
To: sd-user at contesting.com
Subject: Callsign databases

Hello to all

I discovered a little problem yesterday evening while  helping a friend to start with SD

The SD version is 21.14

Callsign Databases

Opened a new contest file, Template FOC Marathon,   and  the program loaded FOCSD.LST by itself.

All working normally. When typing 1305 than “Sandro I7ALE” come out, and with Enter the call is extracted and placed in the call field, etc.  All OK

Opened another new contest file, Template INORC, loaded the INORC.LST.

When typing the call of a member, name and # come out. All OK

If typing a member’s number, ”name and call” are showing normally, but if I hit ENTER the callsign is placed in the “Exchange” field instead of the “Call” field, and with another ENTER, the qso is logged with the number in the call field and the call in the exchange field.

Maybe this has something to do with the fact that the INORC numbers are IN050, IN471, i.e. starting with two letters, instead of a figure? (This is due to the fact that there is another database of members of ALL the Naval clubs, used in the INTERNATIONAL NAVAL CONTEST, which includes members of the different Naval Clubs, with their own club number, so there are IN035, MF1234, RN1432, MI345, CA175, and so on).

But having used SD in the past in several editions of the Int.l Naval Contest I do not remember anything like that, and all was working normally.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

Sandro, i7ALE

---