[SD-User] Callsign databases

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Wed Oct 23 15:32:19 EDT 2019

On 23/10/2019 10:54, Sandro I7ALE wrote:

> If typing a member’s number, ”name and call” are showing normally, but if I hit ENTER the callsign is placed in the “Exchange” field instead of the “Call” field, and with another ENTER, the qso is logged with the number in the call field and the call in the exchange field.

Thanks - I'm seeing the same here, and I don't remember if SD behaved
differently in the past.  However, I suspect that it was once possible
to reverse the fields by using Down Arrow.  For example, type IN471 and
SD displays Sandro I7ALE below the Callsign field - then Down Arrow
would place I7ALE in the Call field and IN471 in the Exchange field.
That doesn't work now.

The program can't work the same way for INORC as it does for other
contests where the membership number is a pure number - if for no other
reason than a number cannot be a callsign, and IN471 is interpreted as a
callsign.

In the history file HISTORY.DOC, there's an entry for V14.05 (May 2008)
which says "With a suitable .LST file, SD displays the membership number
on a callsign match, or the callsign when a membership number is typed.
In the latter case, Down Arrow will then swap the membership number and
callsign - ready for logging."

It look as if that "Down Arrow" feature has gone missing - I will
reinstate it.

73,
Paul EI5DI