[SD-User] USB Rig Control

Robert Offer robo.m1mhz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 07:55:38 EDT 2020

Hello
I'm new to HF Contesting, SD and almost new to the TS-590SG.
I want to set up for rig control for HF SSB NFD today and have been banging
my head trying to connect, then discovered that it probably won't connect
via USB - Why?
I thought I'd try a serial cable I have for connecting to the radio -
previously un used only to find that I have a reverse engineered port on
the rear of the radio so the lead won't connect :(
Is there any way I can get the computer to talk to the logging programme -
the radio talks to the computer nicely but not the logging programme.
Thanks
Bob, G1ZJP