[SECC] update from nq4i

Rick Dougherty NQ4I@compuserve.com
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 10:09:06 -0400

Hello all...been doing antenna work lately...trying to get the 80m ready to
the carribbean at 70 ft...now the 20m ops will have an antenna they don't
have to turn to work those carribbean mults.....am building a second 3 el
40m Telrex...it should be ready in the next 2-3 weeks...plans are to
install it at 85 ft fixed on eu in a tree service bucket truck parked
beyond the 80m big tower...this will allow us to have a second station on
40 m ssb...W4DD and I are working on a lockout scheme that will allow us to
cq on 40m and work spots with the second station at the same time...this
will really make us competitive there...

so far the dream team for CQWW SSB is:
160 m KX4R Greg Mr 160m will make an appearance and use the new W8JI 4 sq
rx'ing system....
80m W4SVO Mark return and once agin show us all why he is the 80m champ of
the east coast...
40m.....uncertain..... will have Mike NE4S helping on this band too hope...
20m NA8V and AA4LR...the new rig and some antenna improvements should be
good score here...
15m NQ4I and N1CC...team up to make some big numbers on 15m....
10m K4BAI and W4DD team up...John just back from WRTC ...we will have the
best antennas ever for 10m...if the
band opens, we will work it...
also think K4PK will be appearing to assist...

Is everybody else setting their sights on SSB??? it is not that far
off...de Rick nq4i

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com