[SEDXC] Re: [SECC] GQP-Humor

SavageBR@aol.com SavageBR@aol.com
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:23:58 EDT

Actually John, I was very surprised what could be done with 5 watts. 20 M was
clearly the best for me. I thought conditions were excellent on 15 M( 4 el
mono at 80 ft) and 20 M(4 el mono at 75 ft). Just before the contest ended on
Saturday night I had a good run into Europe on 20 CW. Of course the Sunday
afternoon storms shut me down.

I spent a LOT of time calling CQ on SSB and CW. I actually did better on SSB.
I think that is because it is easier to seduce the non contest folks into a
QSO. Also, being in Effingham County helped a lot due to the county hunters.

It was tough on 40 M. All I have is the rotating dipole at 75 ft. Actually it
is a Gamma match to the center of the boom of the 20 yagi. It seems to work
out very well with a deep null off the ends of the boom.

Ten meters and 80 meters were nil.

Maybe next year I'll have better antennas???
Bruce, AA4Z

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com