[SECC] UHF Contest

Jim Worsham wa4kxy@bellsouth.net
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 23:59:56 -0400

Hello everyone.  I have been watching the messages coming through the
reflector about the NAQP CW this weekend with great interest.  I thought you
guys might like to know there is another contest this weekend called the UHF
contest.  It is for 222 MHz and up only.  I will be joining with the N4OFA
bunch on Roan Mountain (6285 feet ASL) in eastern TN for the contest.  So
while you guys are battling the pileups on 20 meters this weekend think of
us guys in the mountains scratching out Qs on 23 centimeters.  By the way,
there is a very popular VHF contest coming up in September (9th-11th) called
the September VHF QSO Party sponsored by the ARRL.  A group of us will be
going to Mile High Campground near Cherokee, NC to operate full (50 MHz to
as high as you can go) multi using our club call W4NH.  If any of you guys
are interested in checking out what VHF contesting from a mountain top is
all about you are invited to drive up and check it out that weekend.  I will
post directions and a map later on.  Good luck to everyone in the NAQP CW
and wish me luck in the mountains this weekend.

73
Jim W4KXY
w4kxy@bellsouth.net

--