[SECC] Power level for NAQP?

Joe L Blackwell aa4nn@juno.com
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 02:32:26 -0400

I always thought some of the off-shore rigs maxed at 150 watts,
until I scanned the ads in QST magazine.  The ads I saw said 100
watts, USA rigs included.  Knowing that, why in the world would a
contest committee set a power limit at 150 watts?   It's beyond me.
>From the comment by Larry, it seems some fellers would throw in
the amp to get 150w,  and rightly so.  Why not?  Then there's these
old stubborn meters that need 250 watts to show a 150 watt output.
A little edge maybe?  No one would do that, eh?

And, Gary, if a tuner is eating up someone's power, might you suggest
to them a bit of pruning for resonance?  All tongue in cheek, so to say.
73, de Joe, aa4nn, Ten-Tec only, CW only.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com