[SECC] GQP & NAQP

Gary Breed gary@noblepub.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:16:08 -0400

No operation from K9AY during WRTC/IARU, but I will be ready
for the August CW NAQP and will contribute a casual effort for
GQP.  Are there enough ops to make a NAQP team?  Unless someone
else really wants to coordinate teams for CW, I'll volunteer.

I did some listening for WRTC stations with a random wire antenna,
mostly during the warmups on Friday night. I heard a few stations
on 20 and even fewer on 40 -- pretty weak but readable.  Only
listened a few minutes during the contest to check propagation.
The poor conditions removed any motivation to run temporary lines
and spend time on the air -- instead, I continued the installation
of new cables from shack to tower.

73, Gary
K9AY

--