[SECC] update from NQ4I

Rick Dougherty NQ4I@compuserve.com
Sat, 6 May 2000 08:11:48 -0400

Hello all SECC members...hope all of you are taking advantage of the
excellent weather and doing the needed antenna repairs...we have lowered
all the antennas from the 80 m big tower...yesterday we got the 80m yagi on
the ground..imediate inspection showed that one of the ssb/cw switching
relay was blown to bits...not sure if it was lightning or what...one more
realy is not switching for what ever reason...the antenna will be refurbed
in the coming few weeks...the 4 high 10m 5 element stacks are also on the
ground...a few dimensional errors were found on each antenna, along with a
bad piece of coax...the coax to the 120 ft 10m yagi had 2.6 db of loss,
which was about 2db
more that it should have been...needless to say that piece of coax is in
the trash...am making up a 3 element 20m
yagi to go on the middle tower to give Greg the 20m op and extra
antenna....have pieces of another 40m Telrex on the ground...will be
needing extra to repair it...kinda early here but at the new qth will have
3 over 3 stack on 40m, and need another Telrex to got with the current
one..N4XMX I think we are ready to make a deal here on your 2 element
Telrex...will be out of town till Wednesday nite...drop me an e-mail..ok?

Will put the 4 high 10m stack back up in the mean time for some additional
data points of testing...the 2 element 80
will be on the ground till late Aug or early Sept...this keeps it out of
the storms season....a microburst and it would be a goner...anybody else
doing antenna repairs??? am planning an antenna part soon...maybe a few of
you might be interested in helping out on day and we could get some of the
outside work done?? Its been real quiet on the reflector lately...lets get
the e-mails going again..de Rick nq4i

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com