[SECC] K9AY station plans

Gary Breed gary@noblepub.com
Sat, 6 May 2000 13:57:21 -0400

I have been mostly collecting hardware this spring. Will be happy
to get half the following plans implemented this year...

Shack:

I now have two IC-765s and will be adding narrow CW filters and
audio/keying switch box over the summer. I have two band decoders
working and plan to get a WX0B SixPak at Dayton. Also will be
building an operating bench with carefully-planned ergonomics.

Antennas:

In addition to tower #1 (65 ft crankup), I have acquired a 55 ft
tubular crankup, 70 ft Universal aluminum self-supporter and
have 80 feet of Rohn 25G. The tubular crankup goes up next.

I also got a couple thousand feet of CATV hardline -- 1/2, 5/8
and 3/4 inch. About half is jacketed for direct burial -- nice
stuff and all free! Will have two runs of 7/8 50-ohm Heliax from
the SixPak at the tower base to the shack (about 120 feet).

The X9 is working great and the second element on the HB 40M Yagi
will be done later this summer. I will build or buy a tribander
for tower #2 -- I have materials for either a 2-el quad or my
own version of a C3 or C3S. Will also install a ground plane or
pair of phased verticals for the second 40M antenna. 80 and 160
are still in the planning phase.

Contests:

I will probably not get much operating in either WPX CW or IARU.
Am aiming for the August NAQP -- W0UO will be here for a M/2 so
I need some of the new antennas up by then. Plan to be ready for
all the CW 'tests next season, my schedule will determine which
ones will be full effort.

73, Gary
K9AY

--