[SECC] contest activity (NOT!)

Jay Pryor jpryor@ARCHES.UGA.EDU
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 11:31:53 -0500

Ditto for me on the activity front (or lack thereof).  We spent
Thanksgiving week out of town and didn't get in last night until after the
end of CQWW.  At a camp site I saw two RVs that had feed lines running out
of the window to dipoles strung between trees, and although I was tempted,
I didn't take the time to ask if I could borrow their stations for a few
minutes.  I keep thinking that one day I'll put together a QRP rig so I can
make a few QSOs on such trips.  I will be out of town for both the 160 and
10M contests, although I MAY be able to get on the air for a short while
Friday night of the 160 test.

Like Gary, my next big one will be ARRL DX CW.  I'll be low power all
bands.  The goal, as usual, will be to beat last year's score.  I'm
thinking that maybe this year I'll also do a full effort for ARRL DX
SSB.  I've never tried that one.

73,

- Jay/K4OGG