[SECC] Sweepstakes

Bill Coleman AA4LR aa4lr@radio.org
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:00:30 -0400

On 9/21/00 8:32 AM, Jay Pryor at jpryor@arches.uga.edu wrote:

>Watch out when submitting your Sweepstakes logs.
>
>There may be more discussion of this as we get closer to the date of the
>Sweepstakes, but I just noticed that the rules state that off times must be
>"listed separately in the 'Soapbox/Comments' section of an electronic
>Cabrillo file submission."
>
>In other words, do not simply let your logging program produce your
>Cabrillo log and send it in, thinking that your off times will be computed.
>You must list your off times before sending.

This is in direct conflict with the Cabrillo specification:

"CLAIMED-SCORE is included so that a High Claimed Scores report may be
generated. Line score data such a QSOs, QSO points, multipliers, on-time
and off-time will be computed during the log checking process."

See: <http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/musings.html>

Since on and off times are computed from your logs, there is a potential
for rubber-clocking. I think the contest judges feel that any sort of
rubber-clock strategy based on listening during off-times is not likely
to overtly affect the outcome of the contest.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com