[SECC] The Old Dixie QSO Party

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 08:00:18 -0400

On 7/26/01 10:54 PM, John Laney at K4BAI@worldnet.att.net wrote:

>I am inclined to think that using the term "Dixie" or "Confederate" is a
>bad idea.  It might be offensive to a significant minority of the
>population of hams.

I think you have that backwards, John.

There's nothing offensive about Dixie or Confederate. No offense to
anyone is intended. However, it is true that some people are offended by
the notion, and for that reason they should be avoided.

The Confederate Air Force has been trying to figure this out for a few
years now.... (Of course, the CAF is a tongue-in-cheek name, anyway)

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901