FW: [SECC] NAQP CW Stuff

Hoeft, Roger V rvhoeft@intergraph.com
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 10:17:50 -0500

Knew it wasn't going to be a fun day on the high bands when the loudest sig
was a KH6 on 15M!!
10 meters?? Whatza 10 meters??

	Roger ...
	KA9EKJ

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Clarke [mailto:ku8e1@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 10:13 AM
To: secc@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SECC] NAQP CW Stuff

 I sure would be interested in hearing what W4AN worked on 10 meters.
41 mults is unbelieveable !!!  If the propagation is that much better
down in GA than it is up here I can't wait to get down there. The condx
sucked up here on both 15 and 10 meters. To give you and idea what it
was like in Ohio :  On 10 I caught a short opening to W5 and worked a
few guys in TX and LA, other that I worked N8BJQ
(local) and PY2NY. 15 meters was not much better. The W6/7 's were up
and down in the QSB. A guy would be 10-20 db over S9 and 10 minutes
later down in the noise. We had some short E openings to W1 (ME,MA) ,
W4(only FL), W5 ( TX,LA) and W0( KS,IA,MN,ND). There didn't seem to
be much backscatter going on either.... It would be interesting to
hear what you guys work on 15/10 meters so I know what to expect when
we get moved down there...

                              73's Jeff  KU8E