[SECC] NAQP CW August 2001

John Laney k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 11:28:57 -0400

Hello all:

Here are the results of my part-time effort in NAQP CW.  I was gone from
home about 6:45 to 11:30 PM.  It seemed to me that activity was lower
this year than last.  Conditions were pretty good on most bands.  80 and
particularly 160 were very noisy.  Probably worse in other areas than
here.  Some loud M/2 stations couldn't hear me on 160 (KW9A, K5KA) and I
thought they probably had high local QRN.  Most frustrating thing was
being unable to work WE9V on 28 mhz despite calling about 30 times over
several hours.  Don't know how he could spend so much time calling CQ
there, but he did work a lot of others.  Heard him work W4AN.  10 M had
some spotty openings to CA and NM, some very good openings to MN/KS/MO.
I heard a RI station very loud, but missed him.  Backscatter or other
more local QSOs were very hard with only 100 watts and a low tribander.
Thanks to all for the activity and the QSOs.

Time:  7 hrs, 11 mins.

Band	QSOs 	Mults
160	17	11
80	80	31
40     107	41
20     156	44
15	72	32
10	19	20
ALL    451     169    =  76,219 points.

I did a lot of QSYing without hearing the other station I was trying to
move.
Thanks especially to W4OC for a five band QSY just before I went QRT for
the party we were co-hosts at.

Hope everyone had fun.

73,

John, K4BAI.