[SECC] Re: Stateside Contesting From GA

Bill Fisher W4AN w4an@contesting.com
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 12:37:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Nat,

I'm kind of really swamped with work right now and I have no short answer
to this question.  I'm going to CC the SECC mailing list for some of their
input for you.  Many of our members are in South Carolina.

Generally, I will say I believe SC has to be better than Atlanta Georgia.
It is further east and first hop to Europe is in water instead of land
which is the case here in Atlanta.  The difference between Huntsville and
Atlanta is dramatic in the DX contests, and I suspect as much for the
difference between here and South Carolina coast.  If you are in western
SC, I suspect it will be closer to Georgia conditions.  I believe the
Georgia coast would be a much better QTH than Atlanta too BTW.

Both DX and Stateside contesting is good here.  SS SSB is poor as is the
Sprint on SSB.  Every other contest is winnable if you have enough money,
time, and talent.

73

Bill, W4AN