[SECC] NAQP SSB AA4LR SO

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:13:13 -0400

                     North America QSO Party - SSB

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SO LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:      0      0
   80:      0      0
   40:     18     10
   20:     68     28
   15:     12      6
   10:      2      2
----------------------
Total:    100     46  =  4,600

Club/Team: SECC

Comments:

Team: SECC #2

Equipment:
Kenwood TS-430S / AT-250 running 100 watts PEP
Homebrew K1KP voice keyer
125' doublet at 20 feet

Hopefully, this is my last contest without the beam. The tower is up to
34
feet, and should be complete in the next couple of weeks.

Missed the first four hours of the contest because I had to attend a
birthday
party given for a friend of my seven year old daughter.

Had modestly good rates in the middle of the day. However, by 0100z,
things
started to seriously slow down. At 0200z, searched 5 bands and could find
few
stations, called CQ on 4 bands to no effect. Finally packed it in shortly
thereafter.

Conditions stank. Noise levels on 40m were S9+30 dB, and 80m was worse.
Could
not believe I could find no one on 80m at 0200z, but no one was on 40m
either.

Can't wait until January when I get to try this contest with a few real
antennas.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901