[SECC] KS4Q DX Cluster

Ernie Ernie" <erniez@hatcreekcopy.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:36:35 -0400

Some of you have tried to connect to Sawnee and may have been unsuccessful
despite being able to hear Sawnee very well.

I've noticed that those with 2 meter rigs that DON'T have slow mechanical
T/R relays are generally very successful.  Those that key their 2 meter rigs
and have a mechanical 'thump'  have a mechanical T/R relay and are generally
less successful.

Accordingly, we've made a change in the setup of the Sawnee TNC on 145.01.
It is now a little more 'polite' and will hold off a little bit before
sending a response to your transmissions.  This should allow the receiver
portion of your 2 meter rig some time to become active or 'recover' after
you make a transmission.

Again, to connect to Sawnee, you get on 145.01 MHz at 2400 bps. and enter
the command 'c sawnee'  After getting logged into Sawnee, you type 'c ax1
ks4q'.  If Sawnee seems to hang, you can enter a 'Ctrl T'.  To customize how
the cluster interacts with you and you should look at the user manual
located on www.abk5.com.  We are working on a means to provide 1200 bps
ports around the Atlanta area for those of you that don't have 2400 bps
TNCs. As things develop, I'll keep you posted.

I also want to thank the SEDXC and its members for their generous financial
support of the KS4Q DX packet cluster.

Regards, Ernie KS4Q