[SECC] IARU

John Laney k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:59:09 -0400

Hi Allan and Bridget:  Good luck and much fun this weekend.  We will be
three ops at W4AN.  I think it does matter for multi ops to work both
modes since there is no recognition for single mode efforts and there
are likely to be some mults available on SSB that won't be available on
CW.  The points are the same per QSO, so if you can get higher rates on
SSB, you will make more points than on CW, but those higher rates
haven't been available to me in this contest in the past.  I think there
seems to be more CW activity than SSB activity and not too many "casual"
SSB operators call in.  Note however, that the ten-minute minimum rule
applies per band AND mode.  The mults are counted per band only, and not
per band and mode.   Hope we work on all bands and modes, hi.  73, John.