[SECC] W3DYA Preliminary Results

w3dya@juno.com w3dya@juno.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:36:39 -0500

I don't have my log in the PC yet, but in case anyone is wondering, it
looks like I activated 43 counties and had 1,182 QSOs.

That's so close to the past two years, it looks that's the best I can do.
 And I didn't make too many navigator errors, and corrected all but one
quickly.  But if I can just remember it, never go more than one county
away for a county and return, and not more than a few miles for anything.
 Guess I have to overcome this county hunter fixation I have of not
skipping any counties in a area - going to Macon from I75 was costly!

I'm sure there are some duplicates and some I can't read - but had a
great time and the only thing that would improve GQP is about 1,000 more
non-GA stations... well, maybe a 100?

I even had 3 QSOs on 80M - took 15 mins to mount resonator and tune it.
Probably would have had a lot more QSOs if I'd stayed on 40M, but you
never know....

Hope everyone had fun!

73, Norm, W3DYA