[SECC] Hams in Atlanta

Dick Bentley dickb@akorn.net
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 23:44:28 -0400

--------------4D08BE2E7491F1DE9447DB74

Robert, K5PI:

To add to Bill Fisher's response....

We've also worked a few times in recent contests.  I'd like you to join
us at the Southeastern DX Club meetings which are held on the third
Tuesday of each month in the training room of Radio Shack.com, formerly
Tech America. K4PI is the current President  (See
http://sedxc.contesting.com for details) We usually have an interesting
meeting and you would be able to meet with some of the prominent DXers
and Dxpeditioners of Atlanta.

>From the Website:

The meetings are normally held at RadioShack.Com on Buford highway just
outside I-285. There is a meeting room in the rear of the store for the
meetings.  We normally get together before the meeting for something to
eat.   We usually try to get together there around 6 to 6:15PM.  That
location varies and will normally be posted here prior to each meeting.
We use147.195, +600, 85.4 tone for chatting on the way to the meeting.
If you can't reach the repeater join us on simplex.  We will try to let
the repeater drop to listen for simplex users occasionally.

There are a number of active radio clubs in Atlanta and others will
probably tell you about their favorite. I am a member of the Atlanta
Radio Club:

We meet the first Thursday of every month at the American Red Cross
Training Center, across Piedmont Rd from the Lindbergh MARTA station.
The meeting location is in Lindbergh  Plaza.  We usually meet at the
Picadilly at around 6:15 for dinner.  We move to the Red Cross facility
and start at 7:30 PM.  Talk-in is on 146.82 (PL 146.2 Hz).  Website is
http://www.saf.com/arc.

Many hams in Atlanta just get together now and then for "lunch bunches"
- I can provide info on one of them should you be interested.

I can provide detailed directions if either sound interesting to you.
You can contact me during the day at King Computer, 770-447-8800
(tbentley@kingcomp.com) or in the evenings at 770-393-2150.

I've had lunch with Richard, K5NA, and his wife the last two years
running in Galveston, TX during the annual Galveston Get-to-gether of
the FOC.

73

Dick  K2UFT

--------------4D08BE2E7491F1DE9447DB74

Robert, K5PI:
to join us at the Southeastern DX Club meetings which are held on the third
Tuesday of each month in the training room of Radio Shack.com, formerly
for details) We usually have an interesting meeting and you would be able
to meet with some of the prominent DXers and Dxpeditioners of Atlanta.
just outside I-285. There is a meeting room in the rear of the store for
the meetings.&nbsp; We normally get together before the meeting for something
to eat.&nbsp;&nbsp; We usually try to get together there around 6 to 6:15PM.&nbsp;
That location varies and will normally be posted here prior to each meeting.
We use147.195, +600, 85.4 tone for chatting on the way to the meeting.&nbsp;
If you can't reach the repeater join us on simplex.&nbsp; We will try to
let the repeater drop to listen for simplex users occasionally.</i>
probably tell you about their favorite. I am a member of the Atlanta Radio
Club:
Training Center, across Piedmont Rd from the Lindbergh MARTA station.&nbsp;
The meeting location is in Lindbergh&nbsp; Plaza.&nbsp; We usually meet
at the Picadilly at around 6:15 for dinner.&nbsp; We move to the Red Cross
facility and start at 7:30 PM.&nbsp; Talk-in is on 146.82 (PL 146.2 Hz).&nbsp;
Website is <A HREF="http://www.saf.com/arc">http://www.saf.com/arc</A>.