[SECC] K9AY FD plans

David L. Thompson thompson@mindspring.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:36:08 -0400

Will be looking for all of you on Field Day.   I always go to St. Simons and
this year may try to use writelog as I hate hand logs altho All we do is log
the time/band /call.    We always take some vintage gear (100W class) and
use K4LY or W4BCV.

Also look for my old club W5KHB.  They changed the name to Bluff City Radio
Club from Old Natchez ARC (the new guys have no sense of history).   W5KHB
won 3A three times in the 1960's and placed well from 1957 to 1970.   We
were serious in those days. Beams on 10/15/20 etc...

I joined the QRP Club, too but will wait until I get a decent antenna (other
than the 80 meter Loop Skywire)  to attempt QRP (hope Jim W4QO isn't
listening..HI)

have fun and don't get sunburned or bitten by insects!

73 Dave K4JRB