[SECC] Amps

Ed k4sb@mindspring.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 16:18:43 +0000

Well, it irritates me no end to learn Bill doesn't have an amp, after
getting stomped by him so many times over the years.

However, the reason there are no Cutler-Hammer 15 amp 240 breakers is
most likely that anything which could run on less than 15 amps, and
requires 240 volts has a dangerous design flaw.

As to wire size, you have to remember that that resistance loss
increases as amperage increases which means voltage must decrease.

As Bill mentioned, although not strongly enough, you should find a
different hobby if you put 240 volts on a 120 outlet plug.

I think I will buy an amp for Bill....at lease that way I'll feel
better.

73
Ed