[SECC] Contest rules

Gary Breed gary@noblepub.com
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 16:12:25 -0500

John and all

I agree about the power multiplier in Stew Perry.  And yes, the QRP
contests DID have dominance by the 1-watters over the 5-watters until
they settled on a less problematic multiplier formula.

I'm not all that familiar with WAE, and I suspected there were some
contests that had single-op 10 or 15 minute rules. Recent growth in SO2R
has changed S/O contesting, so I was suggesting that, in the interest of
diversity, at least one contest could steer competition to a different
set of skills. Its not a big deal, just a constructive thought.

Actually, I would like to see either a new contest or one of the less
popular contests experiment with a truly creative set of rules and exchange
info. The Stew Perry and WPX experiments are a start and Sprint is certainly
"different," but there could be other fun ideas, new and old. I'll try to
remember all those party games and see if there is a ham radio equivalent.
(Twister, for example.)

Maybe we can try something totally wacko for the GaQP?

73, Gary
K9AY