[SECC] 2001 GAQSO Party

Ed k4sb@akorn.net
Mon, 07 May 2001 20:58:45 +0000

Guys, I've operated the last 5 QSO parties and one thing has come to
light in every one.

In the suggested range of frequencies, you get a person who plops down
right in the center, and proceeds to call CQ with a KW. The other
thing and this occurred during the MI party, is to get an out of State
ham who does the same thing and calls "CQ MI"

I think it should be rather clear that mobiles cannot compete with
KWs.
So, I mentioned it to Jay, and we are in agreement that those of us
from
GA who are in the contest, should be at the very bottom or top of the
suggested range, or even 1 kc or so below it. As Jay pointed out, the
out of State guys will find us. And we can let the weaker mobiles
operate where they can be heard. Let's face it, if I put that long
boom
5 element 20 on 14045, I'll guarantee no mobile will be workable, and
that's simply not the idea.

We should also all work to get the word out.

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated so we might
post them on our WEB page.

And a reminder, I'm low man on the pole except for the Ps. Don't send
me a message saying you'll sponsor a P, get it to Jay. DO send me a
check for $40 to me AFTER Jay confirms your position. Or if you'd just
like to send a check, that's OK also.

):>
Ed