[SECC] SS Tips

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:18:03 -0500

On 11/1/01 2:04 PM, Gary Breed at gabnjb@earthlink.net wrote:

>4.  If you make 1000 QSOs, 1 multiplier is worth about 12 QSOs.  If you
>make 500 QSOs, a mult is only worth 6 QSOs -- Gauge your time in a
>pileup accordingly.  (Sweepstakes has been won without a sweep!)
>
>4a.  Most rare multipliers will happen without special effort.  By
>mid-morning
>Sunday, I had all but one mult for last year's QRP sweep.  Luck happens.

My tip: Don't worry about multipliers for the first 12 hours. Well, maybe
about YU/NWT. Concentrate on rate and the multipliers will come. You'll
have time to look for missing sections during the slow Sunday period.

I've never gotten a sweep on CW, but I've done it 5 times on SSB with low
power. (I'll be part time on CW, watch for me all-out in the SSB portion)

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901