[SECC] SS CW 2001

AB4RU@aol.com AB4RU@aol.com
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 17:31:15 EST

In a message dated 11/6/01 2:59:08 PM Eastern Standard Time, aa4nn@juno.com
writes:

> ust a thought.  I called K9RV innocently three times to hear QSO B4.
>  Not in my log.  I did log K9RS... perhaps I miscopied a call, but how in
>  the world do you miscopy a call in SS what with the exchange and all?
>  Beats me.

Welcome to my world! I had at least 3 guys tell me that I was in their log
when I called them. At that point I had about 100 qso's total, all on 15
meters. I know there is no way I missed the calls, especially since the first
part of my effort was S&P looking for the SECC guys.

My contest effort was very poor this past weekend, I went to the Stone
Mountain Hamfest, a car show in Lawrenceville and Toccoa. I just operated 15
meters since that is the only HF band I currently have connected in the
shack. I had 243 qso's and 67 mults, don't remember the score. I worked the
following known SECC members K4OGG, K4BAI, K4SB, W4NTI and W4AN. I do not
plan to be very active in the SS SSB test. I Might be able to get on late
Sunday afternoon and it will be 15m single band again.

Ron
W4WA