[SECC] SS KS4YT (long)

Allan & Bridget dxcc@dbtech.net
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:08:26 -0600

Hi!
Like others, I had not intended on going all out in the contest.  My day had
started at 2:00 AM local time going to KF4DGS's station to listen for meteor
pings (one day early).  No luck on the pings, but did have a fabulous
opening to Europe on 6m.

Operated for about 17 hours in SS...did S&P the first 12 hours.  My last
sections for the sweep were, oddly enough, PQ, ME, and NL.  After getting
some sleep I got up and CQed for about 5 hours until a TVI complaint put the
radio to rest for the rest of the contest.  Heard a LOT of the SECCers and
appreciate the contacts...I won't list you now, but if you want full
recognition I'll be glad to post that later.  =)  As John said, 20m was
extradordinary this year...worked ALL of the southern sections within the
first few hours on this band...had several GA, LA, and MS call in, although
my "catch" for the weekend was probably a /VY1 who called me and had only
worked 7 others when we talked Sunday morning.  Here is the summary:

KS4YT
Single Op Unlimited

BAND            QSO        SEC
80                    14            3
40                      9            1
20                    589          49
15                      1             1
10                     43            26

Total QSO:  656               80

1,312 QSO Points for a Total of 104,960

On a side note, Allan went back to KF4DGS Sunday morning and was successful
with meteor scatter and another F2 opening to Europe and Alaska.  He worked
Maine on 2m before I worked it for SS.  Several of the people he
heard/worked were also in SS:  W4MYA and K3ZO were a couple noted.  Also
worked KL7Y on 6m while Dan's station was also working SS.  Lots going on
this weekend! =)
73,
Bridget, KS4YT