[SECC] CQWW comments

Courtney Judd - K4WI k4jyo@frontiernet.net
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 19:20:54 -0600

Yeah, Larry's right! I went SB SO LP 10 meters and Saturday was the absolute
pitts from west Alabama. Only made 88 qso's the entire day and evening. We
had what the weather channel boys call SUPER CELLS roaming around for most
of the day and evening which made for a lot of running in and out to hook
and unhook incoming cables. A tornado was spotted on the ground just 7 miles
north of here so I feel quite lucky. I could hear some of the east coast
boys working a few Euro's but only about 10 EA and I worked on the east path
on Saturday. Mainly worked S.A. and carib's between storms. Sunday was much
better. I was able to establish a run freq and ended up with 505 qso's, 31
zn, and 94 countries for 180,875. I feel much better now about my back up
rig the FT920 once I learned about the digital filtering. She can hold her
own! But the Alpha was really missed.. I swear every time I go low power
that it will be my last. It was one for the books for sure. cul 73's Cort
Courtney Judd K4WI
       ex-K4JYO
check out www.k4wi.net