[SECC] 160m contests

n4uk@mindspring.com n4uk@mindspring.com
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:31:23 -0500

         Powerhouse??? Not hardly. When I can hear and work all of the stuff that w8ji works and hears then I will agree with that statement Gary. Until then I will be just another run of the mill 160m station adding radials and working on maximizing my signal with a single 1/4wl antenna.
        On that note I still need another 160m op. I have both FT1000MP stations fully functional and able to rx on either the beverages or transmit antennas and with full lockouts. AA4S is also coming for both days. Anyone interested in being a multiplier/new qso hunter?? or maybe you like running? I have a separate shack from the house with full bath, bed, microwave,fridge, etc. No ham radio guilt around here! The shack is wall to wall ham radio paraphernalia.Two identical stations, 122 ft 1/4 wl tower vertical which will have 48 radials by contest time,1500 watts, Networked CT computers with radio control and LPT cw keying, yada, yada, yada. Let me know. I am between Greenville and Columbia,SC. (closer to Greenville)
 73, Ken, N4UK

Gary Breed <gabnjb@earthlink.net> wrote:
> We will appreciate the points, Joe -- having another major 160M
player will help a lot!

HEY GUYS -- It looks like a seat is available at the N4UK M/S.
Someone whose 160 antenna is meager or non-existent could have
an eye-opening experience operating at Ken's 160M powerhouse!

73, Gary
K9AY

Go SECC!

--------