[SECC] Imagine My Surprise... NE4S

Michael Condon mcondon@attglobal.net
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:41:16 -0500

Yes, Imagine my surprise on reading Dec CQ results for the last 160M
contest.  NE4S is listed as the SOLP winner from Georgia.  With only 36.5K
points.  Well, I never thought my little effort would get a piece of
wallpaper.   I don't think I entered the ARRL contest, but here we go now.

The 70-foot copper weld wire vertical was slingshot-ed up the side of a tall
tulip poplar and is coax fed with a hustler 40M mobile loading coil in
series.  Anyone with a tree, not necessarily a tulip poplar, could do the
same.   (Loading may vary with a pine or fir though).

Jump in, and be sure to put SECC on the summary for the club score.

Just some hype, I am sure more will follow.

Mike, NE4S