[SECC] SS Phone Thoughts

Gary Breed gabnjb@earthlink.net
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:30:05 -0500

John has a good point.  I used an 80M dipole for Field Day up in
Wisconsin -- max height about 30 ft., with the ends about 10 ft. up.
It generated plenty of action with QRP.  Bill, if you are using a tuner
on 75/80, tune/prune the antenna for direct feed to avoid the losses
of a non-optimum network (tuners often don't have enough inductance
on the low bands).

73, Gary
K9AY