[SECC] 160M Op List

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:03:24 -0500

On 11/29/01 5:03 PM, Gary Breed at gabnjb@earthlink.net wrote:

>AA4LR -- ?

Well, Gary, I don't think I've ever the ARRL 160m contest. I plan to get
on the air and make some Qs, but I won't be able to put in a full-time
effort.

I'm Low-Power, and Antenna-Challenged on 160m. What would be a good goal?

--

On the antenna brainstorming front, I'm trying to think of a way I could
put up an temporary Inverted L. I read something that indicates you

My current thought is to take a 140 foot hunk of wire, anchor it at the
R7000 feedpoint and pull it up into the trees as high as I can, then
anchor the far end toward the house or the little pin oak. Then I could
run two or three 100 foot elevated radials to a few points in my back
yard. A series capacitor would complete the setup.

Not optimum, I know. But perhaps better than using the 105' doublet at
35'.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901