[SECC] KS4Q DX Cluster Update

Ernie KS4Q Ernie KS4Q" <erniez@hatcreekcopy.com
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 20:12:01 -0400

All,

We have a new 2400 bps access point for the cluster. On 144.95 MHz you can
connect to 'CDX'  The full connect command is 'c cdx'  Once your in, you
type 'dx' and it connects you to the KS4Q DX cluster.

The antenna for CDX is located near the top of my neighbors 70' tower which
is down the street from me. He is on fairly high ground.  CDX won't,
however, have the far reaching coverage that Sawnee does, but will give the
'closer in' users an additional way to access the cluster.

Work continues on Sawnee to link up the other sites around Atlanta by means
of a 56 kbps 430 MHz link.  We've got a little work to do yet, but if things
go well we might have it on line in time for the CQWW at the end of October.
This will provide cluster access at 1200 and 9600 bps at Bell Tower
downtown, and 1200 bps at Lanier Mtn. in Gwinnett county.

The cluster itself has been up and down a little lately due to my attempts
to get the version 4 cluster software running.  The more recent beta
versions of the cluster software run a lot faster, but lack the stability of
the older, proven version 3 code. In short, there are a lot of bugs and
quirks to it.  For the time being, I am now back to running the version 3
code.

73, Ernie KS4Q