[SECC] Survey

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:58:39 -0400

On 10/6/01 10:19 PM, Gary Breed at gabnjb@earthlink.net wrote:

>Can you tell me what type of jack your rig uses for the external antenna
>input (e.g. Beverages).  Does it also have an antenna out (after the T/R
>relay) so you can insert accessories such as preamps and filters for the
>receiver, even when using the TX antenna?

A special 9-pin DIN, and yes, you can insert accessories.

Maybe I should clarify that. The venerable TS-430S allows you to do this
sort of thing from the XVRTR jack. The jack has a special switch to
disconnect the receiver link. If you link the receiver input to the
antenna relay output, operation is normal. However, you can disconnect
the two and run the receiver input from another source. There's also a
low-level Transmitter output, as well as a line to inhibit the final
amplifier deck.

Seems to me this function goes hand-in-hand. If your rig can run a
transverter, then you can add receive accessories.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901