[SECC] Band plan comments

AB4RU@aol.com AB4RU@aol.com
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 07:50:19 EDT

In a message dated 10/19/01 12:29:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gabnjb@earthlink.net writes:

> The efforts by the ARRL and interested Topbanders to address interference
>  issues on 160 with a band plan fits exactly into the FCC's recent approach,
>  and it will be taken seriously by the FCC

I think all the other countries in the world will be working each other on
the same 160 meter frequencies they have for many previous years in the CQWW
SSB contest. US station that are serious in the contest will not let the ARRL
rules get in their way of working new mults that does not conform to the new
ARRL band plan. I agree with Gary,  CQ should have taken an active position
in the 160 band plan since the ARRL ruling will effect their contest
stateside.

Regardless, the problem is just getting started, its just a matter of time
that the ARRL will abolish or narrow all the cw  band allocations in the ham
spectum to make more room for OTHER modes to address interference. ARRL has
the opinion that cw is an obsolete mode. If anyone has any pull with CQ, I
strongly urge them to suggest that CQ become pro-active very soon in the
political arena to help preserve what we have. This is where ARRL an I part
company.

Ron