[SECC] Band plan comments

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e1@yahoo.com
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 06:33:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ron,

 I was talking with K1ZM, who sent an email to Riley asking him
if he would be listening on 160 and issuing violations. His reply
that it would be good amateur practice to follow the band plan set
by the ARRL. I don't see where they could do anything to you if you did
transmit SSB below 1843 because in the US the rules say you are allowed
to operate SSB on those frequencies. I would think everyone will be OK
if they limit CQing above 1843 and just call the DX stations below
1843. The only risk you might take if you do transmit below 1843 that
there might be some idiots ( those anti contest guys) who might try to
start a QSO on CW near a big pile-up and claim they were QRMed and
start
taking a list of calls. (taking advantage of the situation) CU you in
the contest... I will be at PJ2Z doing lots of the low band
operating...

                 73's  Jeff