[SECC] Starting Band

Lee Hiers aa4ga@contesting.com
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 00:00:25 -0500

On 30 Oct 2001, at 18:39, Bill Fisher W4AN wrote:

> I'm always on the band where I can work W3's, W8's, and W9's.

Show me the money...

It's probably more fun, less QRM, and easier with low power to go
with the higher bands, but what you want is your signal landing in
the part of the country with the highest radio population density.

> When I can no longer work them, then its time to move.  I start on
> 20 and when I no longer here W3's and just a few W9's (Wisconsin),
> I move to 40M.  I stay there until the same thing happens
> (hopefully it won't).

But when it does, it's time for 80m.  I recall one year where 80m was
the big band for me in SS...I think it was the year I made the top 10
from Ronnie's house.

But stop at 80...I think K5ZD said "if I'm on 160 is SS, I'm losing".

> I have never found CQing on 15 meters to be productive.  Same with 10.

That's the beauty of 2 rigs...CQ on the money bands and tune the high
bands making sure you've got the VE8, KL7, etc.

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, GA