[SECC] Wow!

Larry Crim k4ab@msn.com
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 20:15:13 -0600

Well,

Cort is right....this is a fun contest.  Despite the QRN from nearby stor=
ms
and twisters.  (And an A index of 18 !)  Always great rates in this test.

This contest is even MORE fun at 30 hours as opposed to 36. (My sources
tell me that the old 30 hour format will return next year, or 2003!)

WZ4F SOAB   2848 x 931 =3D 6.2M

73,
Larry K4AB =20
 =20
----- Original Message -----
From: Courtney Judd
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2002 20:00
To: Alabama Contest Group
Cc: SECC Reflector; Don Hammond K4UE; Herb Connellan KD4Y; Y.Binkley
Subject: [SECC] Wow!
 =20
I like this contest!.. Even with bad weather time outs each morning and l=
oss
of propagation Saturday afternoon..( I only made 230 qso's from noon to 8
PM )....it still turned out to be my personal best numbers of qso's in a
weekend...2099 in 29:30 hours of operation; about 1.2 / minute slightly
better than ARRL dx SSB test. Worked 808 mults with score of 4,163,674
showing. The DX was there, when I get time I will show a list of countrie=
worked. A BIG thanks goes to Alan KV4T and Bridget KS4YT for use of the
AI4AA call. It was a HUGE plus for me. I ran 99% of the time, only S+P ed
during rain static for loud stations. 73's Cort

Courtney Judd K4WI
2300 County Road 61
Uniontown, Al. 36786
e-mail=3D k4wi@earthlink.net