[SECC] CQ160 CW AA4LR SO LP

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 11:57:30 -0500

                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SO LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

QSOs: 101  States/Provinces: 35  Countries: 0  Score: 7,385

Comments:

Station:
125 foot doublet at 35 feet
Kenwood TS-430S
Homebrew CMOS keyer

Comments:

Didn't have a tremendous amount of time for this one. Got on Friday night
for 2.5 hours, then a tiny bit of time Saturday late afternoon, plus a
few minutes Sunday morning.

No luck working any DX. Thought I got ZF2NT's attention at one point, but
he didn't answer my fill request, so I must have been mistaken.

K9AY was LOUD. (Gary is only a couple of miles away) His signal pegged my
S-meter, and he was S6 on the opposite side of zero beat, even with the
CW filter. I've never heard a signal on the opposite side of zero beat
before.

Glad to work many SECC members. Thanks to VA3UZ, VE3CHK and VY2ZMM for my
only 5-pointers.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901