[SECC] CQ160M SSB Contest

Dan/W4NTI w4nti@mindspring.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:40:19 -0600

I hope if anyone operates SSB below 1843 they copy CW well.  I intend to
contest, but WILL NOT USE PHONE below 43.  If anyone else does they are
lids.

Dan/W4NTI

----- Original Message -----
From: <n4uk@mindspring.com>
To: <secc@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 9:38 AM
Subject: [SECC] CQ160M SSB Contest

>        What are you guys planning on doing in the 160m SSB contest as far
as frequency use is concerned??? Is the FCC going to issue warnings to
contesters if they operate from 1803 and up during the contest? If SSB use
during the contest is going to be restriced to 1843 and above there are
going to be problems with all the casual users of 160m that use the
frequencies above 1920. Last year in the CQ160 SSB there were SSB contesters
all the way up to 1925 or so. Adhering to the new frequency standard will
push everyone up to 1970. What a mess it's going to be. There are going to
be some big frequency battles for the territory around 1843-1870.If I hear
contesters from 1803 and up during the CQ 160 SSB contest in two weeks I'll
be right there with them. Anyone know CQ's policy on this??? This whole 160m
frequency/mode mess is becoming a drag.....