FW: [SECC] Dayton

Hoeft, Roger V rvhoeft@intergraph.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:25:13 -0600

Macie & SECCrs,

You may also want to look into flying to Cincy (Airport designator CVG) and making the 45 minute - 1 hour drive north to Dayton.  I have done this numerous times when I made biz trips to Dayton. Bigger airport, more airlines, more flights.

73,
	Roger ...
	KA9EKJ

-----Original Message-----
From: Macie, Gordon [mailto:gmacie@xmmcorp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 10:19 AM
To: 'sedxc@contesting.com'
Cc: 'secc@contesting.com'
Subject: [SECC] Dayton

Who has plans for Dayton ? I have never been. I was just looking around the
hamvention web site.. I am leaning toward flying.. Tickets are less than $90
round trip on Airtran.. I haven't check any other airline..

I have a few questions..

How far is the airport from the hamfest ?

Seems that the crown plaza is booked 15 minutes after they start taking
reservations. I do remember last year people posting messages leading up to
the fest saying their room was available.. What are other convenient hotels
to the hamfest. I probably would prefer something less expesive than a crown
plaza. I'd rather spend my money on ham equipment.