[SECC] Dayton

Hoeft, Roger V rvhoeft@intergraph.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:38:29 -0600

Shoulda read the rest of your message ...

The airport is north of Dayton by about half an hour (non-rush hour).  The airport is 1 exit west off I-70; take I-75 north from downtown to get to I-70.  If you can't get a room in the immediate Dayton convention area, check into Fairborn or Beaver Creek.  There are a handful of hotels & good restaurants there as this is located across the street from Wright State U. and Air Force Materiel Command HQ.  Easy access to I-675, the half-loop around Dayton - 20 minutes from downtown.

If you need more info about Dayton / Fairborn, let me know and I'll try to help.  I would love to go to Dayton, but XYL is getting a new kitchen - and I get a new yard with 80% fewer trees (to hang more wires!!) ... and the bill, of course.

73,

	Roger ...
	KA9EKJ

-----Original Message-----
From: Macie, Gordon [mailto:gmacie@xmmcorp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 10:19 AM
To: 'sedxc@contesting.com'
Cc: 'secc@contesting.com'
Subject: [SECC] Dayton

Who has plans for Dayton ? I have never been. I was just looking around the
hamvention web site.. I am leaning toward flying.. Tickets are less than $90
round trip on Airtran.. I haven't check any other airline..

I have a few questions..

How far is the airport from the hamfest ?

Seems that the crown plaza is booked 15 minutes after they start taking
reservations. I do remember last year people posting messages leading up to
the fest saying their room was available.. What are other convenient hotels
to the hamfest. I probably would prefer something less expesive than a crown
plaza. I'd rather spend my money on ham equipment.