[SECC] Amps

Bill Fisher, W4AN w4an@CONTESTING.COM
Wed, 22 May 2002 13:37:29 -0400 (EDT)

You can get used AL-1200's really cheap.

Advantages:
-----------

1) Instant on.  No warm up time.
2) Very rugged tube.  Hard to blow up.
3) Tested & true.  Many contesters are using these amps without problems
including K1EA, KC1XX, HC8N, etc.

Disadvantages

1) About 100w to get 1500w out on some bands like 10M.
2) Case:  5 million screws take out to get to the inside of this thing.

73

Bill