[SECC] another nq4i update

Rick Dougherty NQ4I@compuserve.com
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:11:23 -0500

To all...I know you are probably tired of my updates...anyway I am really
excited about this latest station addition...its the 4 square on 80m....i
have all 4 rohn 20 towers up at 62 ft...and radials are under only one
right now...will install the rest of the radials real soon...in the mean
time the results with the 4 sq are incredible!! the noise on the band is 4
s units better and it makes the difference in whether I hear a dx station
or not...f/b is 25 db or better.....locals that I have worked on 80m
ssb...say I all but disappear when I switch to the back on the system!! I
will start working next on the 80m yagi tower...its going to 199 ft....we
did not get the ground/guy anchors installed last weekend after all...the
truck did not have an adaptor that would fit my anchors...so we expect to
do this right after thanksgiving....I am hoping to operate the cqww cw as
single 80m and at least see how the 4sq will do...this is the antenna that
will be on the 80m mult station....

Thanks to those who have helped so far.....W4XXV is making some tower
stuff...W4DD has helped tremendously in repairing things that are
broke...AA4LR and Marko(cannot remember the new call) have helped with
antennas....AD4J donated 2 computers and monitors...thanks much....K4BAI
has sent up a SB-220 amp to use as a mult amp.....N4LR(haven't gotten used
to that call either) has made 2 trips down...the weather didnot co-operate
though...so a lot has been done...but a lot to go...

At the Lawrenceville hamfest...Jeff W4DD and I bought 2 10mip hubs and I
have successfully tested them in the station...this appears to be even
better than thin-net...going to continue to test the setup in rf
environment....but with 2/ 24 port hubs there is no limit to the number of
computers that we can support...

will hope to hear some of you during the cqww cw...cheers! de Rick