[SECC] Quiet

John Laney k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:23:38 -0400

I'll be doing a part-time entry for CQ WW SSB since we have a wedding
and reception to attend Saturday night.  But I hope to contriube a lot
of points to the club score.  I hope my rotator is being swapped out by
my antenna man (WA4QHN) as we speak.  By the way, Garry is very good and
has been put on short time at work.  He has Tuesdays, Thursdays, and
Saturdays generally available and would like to do some time work for
reasonable charges, so please let me know if anyone is interested and
I'll put you in touch with him.

I will also do an ARRL SS SSB from home and that may well be the full
24-hours.  So, I plan to contribute a number of points with Bill's help
from the two SS contests together.

Hope everyone will get on as much as possible and try to achieve a good
score. For CW, we have lost N8LM to relocation during the past year, so
we need one or two new entries just to keep even.

I will be in Bainbridge, GA for a tennis tournament (super seniors--60
and over) this weekend, but may get home for the end of the Illinois QSO
Party or the QRPARCI Fall contest.  There are a number of operating
activities this weekend listed on the WA7BNM and SM3CER contest
calendars.

I heard W4AN, KD3GC, KU8E, W4NTI, WB6BWZ, N4PN and maybe others giving
out our state mults to the deserving in the very active PA QSO Party
last weekend.  There was even a lot of activity on 160 meters, including
some who could hear me--even two on SSB!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

73,

John, K4BAI.