[SECC] Quiet

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 21:03:00 -0400

On 10/17/02 2:15 PM, Bill Fisher, W4AN at w4an@contesting.com wrote:

>Kind of quiet here for being contest season.  I assume we aren't doing
>much of an effort for CQWW SSB since NQ4I is QRT and I haven't heard
>anyone else speak up.

I've been busy building the 100 watt PA for my K2. I plan a limited CQWW
Phone effort to shake down the equipment. I've schedule a full-out effort
on SS Phone and want to be ready.

Should be on part-time for SS CW. Of course, plans can all change. My mom
is in a nursing home in WV, and is very ill. If she worsens or dies,
contesting will have to wait. Fortunately, my dad is holding up OK. We
wait and see.

>What about SS ?  The only problem I see with SS is that the club scores
>aren't seperated by mode.  But if there is interest in doing well this
>year, I'll even get on SSB.  Oh wait... XYL due any day.  Check that.

Congratulations, Bill! What's this, number three? Y'all better figure out
what is causing it...

>K4BAI will be at my place in Dahlonega.  I have SO2R set up at home at the
>all-wires QTH.  I'll be running high power if I can get on the air.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901