[SECC] SECC Meetings

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 21:06:06 -0400

On 10/17/02 4:22 PM, Jeffrey Clarke at ku8e1@yahoo.com wrote:

> I was wondering... Are we having meetings anymore now they are not a
>requirement for the ARRL and never were for CQWW ??? Last one I can
>recall is this past summer...

Jeff, we have a daily, perpetual meeting -- on the Internet!

>  Would there maybe be an interest in a monthly or bi-monthly get
>together in Atlanta ??? I remember back when I lived in Ohio and we
>were down here for a visit a bunch of us - K9AY, AA4LR, AA4GA, K2UFT
>got together for lunch on Saturday afternoon. It was kind of fun to see
>some of the guys in person and BS about contesting. Any interest ???

Sure! I'm sure a number of us in the Atlanta area could get together. We
ought to plan a brief meeting for the Lawrenceville hamfest coming up
November 2 as well.

Big problem is that we're so geographically spread out. Small groups can
meet with ease, but larger gatherings are tougher.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901