[SECC] SECC Meetings

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e1@yahoo.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:39:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi..

 The type of meeting I was talking about was the small infomal type -
may just lunch somewhere. For example the time we met before - from my
last email - I think we had lunch at Pandera Bread in Sandy Springs.

 Maybe I shouldn't of said "lets meet in Atlanta" .... After living in
Marietta for the last 6 months I can totally understand why those of
you that live further out would not want to venture inside the I-285
loop !!! Maybe somewhere like Roswell/Alpharetta would be better ???

 When I was in MRRC we were also spread out.... We overcame that by
spreading out our meetings. Acually our meetings were more like
"events" to look forward to then real meetings. We have have a
tradition of having a meeting/party at K8MR between Xmas and New Years
that has been going on for almost 30 years. It's kind of neat because
it's a gathering of both MRRC and the North Coast Contesters. The
afternoon starts with pizza at K8AZ's and then we all head over to
Jim's. Guys like K8CC,K8NZ,K8AZ,KW8N,K3LR and others (including myself-
before I moved here) are regulars. We also had meetings at a large
hamfest in Findlay, OH and Dayton every year. In fact when you go to
Dayton every year wander up in the stands behind the Cushcraft booth at
noon on Saturday for the meeting...

                   73's Jeff

p.s - Lawrenceville hamfest Nov 2nd- Bad weekend !!! That's the same
weekend as SS CW !!!